How to ON INSTALLING PENDANT LIGHTS
Framing out a few things about pendant light, let’s not skip the most important part of it. Acknowledging this essential fact, let’s understand what exactly pendant light is? Pendant lights, also known as drop lights or suspenders, are extended light fixtures dangling from the ceiling by decorative items such as cords, suspensions, or metal chains or rods. Let’s not forget that lighting is the eye-spotting glitters and spark of rooms or halls to spot out and get eyes on when someone enters in. It gives you a pleasant ambiance, and it will add more glam, like adding plum to cake when you use pendant lights for your entrance halls or rooms to stand out of the crowd with your unique choice of furnishing homes. Pendant lighting seems to be the crown jewel of a room and is an excellent way to display your personality and style.
NOW LET’S SURF THROUGH PLACES TO USE PENDANT LIGHTS
When the usage of pendant light strikes the mind, it just blows out all our minds with its decent way of design that reflects a great style from within itself, especially the lamp suspended by the hook screwed into the ceiling. This glazing feature of pendant lights urges people to install such glamming lights at places that seek attention. So, now let’s surf few best attention-seeking places to install pendant lights are listed below:
- Dining Room-table
- Kitchen Island
- Bedside Table
- Bathroom Vanity
After knowing the importance of the pendant lights, their usage, and the places to use pendant lights, now it’s time to acknowledge how to install them and discuss the dos and Don’ts of the installation pendant lights.
INSTALLATION OF PENDANT LIGHTS
Whether hanging the pendant light over the kitchen table or used as a task or accent light, the pendant brings eye-catching glamour and style to overhead lighting without spending a fortune. It’s practically seen that installing a new pendant light into an existing junction circuit is fairly easy. Apart from this, these are widely available in a broad variety of furnished styles with great finishing textures and stylish customs with many different colors making them an affordable update. Moreover, before beginning any electrical project, it’s highly advisable to make sure that the power is turned off at home’s main circuit box and cover the switch with tape so that it doesn’t get turned back on at the time of your working. To ensure if the power is off, use a circuit tester before touching any electrical wires. Besides, there are a few steps to follow to install the pendant light in all those places you desire to décor with.
- Firstly, all you need to do is select a fixture. A pendant light often hangs by its own electrical cord, making the fixture completely basic, differentiated mostly by colour and size. The style of simple light lies in the shade, which can be chosen to match any furnished space, decor, space, or use. A flared shape or transparent shade emits more light into a room, whereas an opaque or solid shade may focus light on a task surface.
- Secondly, we ought to prepare a junction box. To do this, start locating your electrical panel and turn off power to the junction box and confirm no current is flowing. A previously mounted light should be removed with absolute care to avoid damage to the connected wiring. Three wires should be visible; two for power and a third for electrical ground. Remove any previously used mounting bracket, if there are any.
- Unthread the nut on the shade mount over the bulb socket, slide the shade over the threads and replace nut to secure. Make sure pendant light shade hangs level when released. Straighten the cord by which the light hangs by hand, if necessary, but expect the cord to straighten more thoroughly over time under the continuing weight of the fixture.
- Then is our turn to attach the mountain bracket. Taking this as an opportunity to make certain the junction box is sturdy and properly attached without defect. Connect the mounting bracket that’s included with your pendant light with the included screws and a screwdriver. Make sure this bracket is closely fitted, appropriately attached, and rests level.
- Release the set screw and draw the cord through the cover to the appropriate height before installing your new light. Wire cutters can be used to cut the excess cord, or they can be left a little longer and concealed beneath the cover when installed. The height at which it will hand is a matter of preference, but consider the throw of light and potential head-bumping when determining the length of the cord.
- Attach the grounding wire to the mounting bracket at the marked screw and marry power wires by colour or as recommended by the manufacturer. Twist the wires’ raw ends around, then cover and fasten the ends with wire nuts.
- After the bare ends of the wires are capped together, then once the wiring is complete, cap the junction box with the cover, using mounting bracket posts and screw caps. Tighten until the cover rests firmly against the ceiling, making sure no wires are pinched or exposed.
- Later, Unthread the nut on the shade mount over the bulb socket, then slide the shade over the threads and replace the nut to secure. Make sure of pendant light shade hang level when it is released. Straighten the cord by which the light hangs by hand, if necessary, but expect the cord to straighten more thoroughly over time under the continuing weight of the fixture.
- Keep in mind the manufacturer’s instructions when selecting a bulb for your fixture. Wattage, shape, and “light appearance” can all greatly impact the glamorous look and functionality of your ceiling fixture. If you tend to use a dimmer switch, make sure the bulb is dimmable and, at the same time, look for calm warmer colors for living spaces.
Also, remember, may it be a single bulb pendant light or anything else, its glamorous attire will spread the rays of eye-catchy attractiveness. So, to install such wonderful pendant lights, do step in the Pasolite family’s world to gather and own such amazing technologies.